Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Addicted to nature

For the last few weeks I wake up in the morning do all my work and by noon I'm outside playing in the dirt! Since living here I've seen many wild turkeys, gray squirrels, red squirrels, lots chipmunks, mice, frogs, salamanders, snakes, tons of different species of small birds and now this hawk. I was sitting on the couch using my laptop when it sounded like someone hit a soft ball at the window. We get birds hitting the glass at least once a week, but I was so surprised to see a hawk on the ground looking a bit dizzy as it's eyes kept spinning. After a few minuets he was fine and flew away.



And we also have a new member to the chipmunk clan, I call him mister chipy. I just started seeming him apear just a few days ago and yesterday we found him on his back looking dead and my heart just broke into a thousand pieces but then he turned right over and waddled away. I think another chipmunk nearby had attacked him and he played dead. Hopefully that hawk won't eat him.



I've been adding more rocks and plants around my koi pond. This is what it looked like when I moved in, a little bit out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment